|Tool||Part Number||Part Description||Qty|
- Connect the steering frame lock. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, "Steering Frame Lock - Separate and Connect".
Keep all parts clean from contaminants.
Contaminants may cause rapid wear and shortened component life.
Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting, and repair of the product. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers before opening any compartment or disassembling any component containing fluids.
Refer to Special Publication, PERJ1017, "Dealer Service Tool Catalog" for tools and supplies suitable to collect and contain fluids on Cat® products.
Dispose of all fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
Personal injury can result from contact with refrigerant.
Contact with refrigerant can cause frost bite. Keep face and hands away to help prevent injury.
Protective goggles must always be worn when refrigerant lines are opened, even if the gauges indicate the system is empty of refrigerant.
Always use precaution when a fitting is removed. Slowly loosen the fitting. If the system is still under pressure, release it slowly in a well ventilated area.
Personal injury or death can result from inhaling refrigerant through a lit cigarette.
Inhaling air conditioner refrigerant gas through a lit cigarette or other smoking method or inhaling fumes released from a flame contacting air conditioner refrigerant gas, can cause bodily harm or death.
Do not smoke when servicing air conditioners or wherever refrigerant gas may be present.
Use a certified recovery and recycling cart to properly remove the refrigerant from the air conditioning system.
- Release the system pressure. Refer to Operation and Maintenance Manual, "System Pressure - Release".
- Recover the air conditioner refrigerant from the air conditioner system. Refer to Service Manual, SENR5664, "Air Conditioning and Heating Systems with R-134a for All AVSpare Machines" for the correct procedure. Refer to Special Publication, NENG2500, "Air Conditioning Tools" for the correct tools.
Illustration 1 g01411502
- Remove cover (1).
Illustration 2 g01411507
- Disconnect harness assemblies (2). Disconnect hoses (3).
Illustration 3 g01411515
- Disconnect hose assemblies (4). Remove clips (5), clip (6) and clip (7).
Illustration 4 g01411519
- Remove bolts (8) and remove cover (9). Repeat this step for the opposite side of the machine.
Illustration 5 g01411717
- Disconnect ground strap (10).
Illustration 6 g01411723
- Disconnect harness assembly (11).
Illustration 7 g01411727
- Disconnect harness assemblies (12) and harness assemblies (13).
Illustration 8 g03494197
- Remove cover (14).
Illustration 9 g03494237
- Disconnect harness assembly (15) and remove bolt (16).
Illustration 10 g03494280
- Remove bolts (17) in order to remove step assembly (18). Repeat this step for the opposite side of the machine.
Illustration 11 g03494281
- Attach Tooling (A) and suitable lifting devices to cab (19). The weight of cab (19) is approximately
1270 kg (2800 lb). Illustration 12 g03494296
- Remove bolts (20).
Note: Use Tooling (B) in order to remove bolts (20) that are surrounded by the fuel tanks.
Illustration 13 g03494298
- Disconnect harness assembly (21).
Illustration 14 g03494281
- Use Tooling (A) and the suitable lifting devices in order to remove cab (19) from the machine.