- Remove diesel exhaust fluid tank.
- Remove diesel exhaust fluid pump.
Keep all parts clean from contaminants.
Contaminants may cause rapid wear and shortened component life.
Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting, and repair of the product. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers before opening any compartment or disassembling any component containing fluids.
Refer to Special Publication, PERJ1017, "Dealer Service Tool Catalog" for tools and supplies suitable to collect and contain fluids on Cat® products.
Dispose of all fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
- Drain the fuel tank into a suitable container for storage or disposal. Refer to Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Fuel Tank Water and Sediment - Drain".
Illustration 1 g03495497
- Remove rear wheels and tires (2) in order to access fuel tank (1). Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, "Wheel and Tire (Rear) - Remove and Install".
Illustration 2 g03495720
- Remove three bolts (3) in order to remove step assembly (4). Use two people in order to remove step assembly (4). The weight of step assembly (4) is approximately
25 kg (55 lb). Illustration 3 g01431107
- Disconnect harness assembly (5).
Illustration 4 g01431111
- Loosen clamp (8). Disconnect hose assembly (7). Disconnect hose (6). Remove bolt (9), the washer, and tube (10) (not shown).
Illustration 5 g01431105
- Loosen clamps (12). Remove tube (11) from hose (13).
Illustration 6 g01431108
- Disconnect hose assembly (14).
Illustration 7 g01431112
- Loosen clamps (15) and remove hose (16).
Illustration 8 g01431113
- Remove bolts (17) and remove bracket (18).
Illustration 9 g01431100
- Remove bolts (19) and remove bracket (20).
Illustration 10 g01431102
- Remove bolts (21) and remove bracket (22). Use two people in order to remove fuel tank (1) from the machine. The weight of fuel tank (1) is approximately
36 kg (80 lb).
- Repeat Steps 1 through 11 in order to remove the fuel tank on the opposite side of the machine.