- Connect the steering frame lock.
Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting, and repair of the product. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers before opening any compartment or disassembling any component containing fluids.
Refer to Special Publication, NENG2500, "Dealer Service Tool Catalog" for tools and supplies suitable to collect and contain fluids on Cat® products.
Dispose of all fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
- Drain the transmission oil into a suitable container for storage or disposal. Refer to Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Transmission and Differential Oil - Change".
Illustration 1 g03457998
- Remove bolts (1) and reposition drain assembly (2). Disconnect hose assembly (3).
Illustration 2 g03458063
- Disconnect hose (4).
Illustration 3 g03458149
- Remove bolts (5) and screen assembly (6).
Illustration 4 g03458157
- Disconnect tube assembly (7).
Illustration 5 g03458158
- Attach a suitable lifting device to gear pump (9). The weight of gear pump (9) is approximately
34 kg (75 lb). Remove bolts (8) and remove gear pump (9). Illustration 6 g03458176
- Remove O-ring seals (10) and (11).