|Tool||Part Number||Part Description||Qty|
- Remove the valve cover base. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, "Valve Cover Base - Remove and Install".
Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting, and repair of the product. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers before opening any compartment or disassembling any component containing fluids.
Refer to Special Publication, NENG2500, "Dealer Service Tool Catalog" for tools and supplies suitable to collect and contain fluids on Cat® products.
Dispose of all fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
Keep all parts clean from contaminants.
Contaminants may cause rapid wear and shortened component life.
- Drain the coolant from the cooling system. Refer to Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Cooling System Coolant - Change".
- Remove the tube assemblies from the fuel manifold to the cylinder head.
Illustration 1 g01120972
- Remove tube (1). Remove the O-ring seal and the integral seal from the tube. Remove bolts (3) from exhaust tube assembly. Remove bolts (4) from inlet tube assembly.
- Remove bolts (7). Remove bolts (6).
- Install Tooling (A) and a suitable lifting device on cylinder head (8). The weight of the cylinder head assembly is approximately
47 kg (104 lb).
- Remove cylinder head (8). Remove cylinder head gasket (9).
- Remove gasket (5) from the inlet tube assembly. Remove gasket (2) from the exhaust tube assembly.
Illustration 2 g01121095
- Remove seals (10). Remove seals (11). Remove O-ring seal (13).
- Remove spacer plate (12). Remove gasket (14). Remove O-ring seal (15) from the dowel.