Keep all parts clean from contaminants.
Contaminants may cause rapid wear and shortened component life.
Compressor housing must go straight on the turbocharger assembly without tilting. Tilting may cause compressor blade to tip, or the compressor shaft can be damaged.
- Put an alignment mark on the new turbocharger cartridge in the same location as the old turbocharger cartridge.
- Install the O-ring seals on cartridge (4) . Align the marks and connect compressor housing (6) to turbocharger cartridge (4) . Install bolts (5) and tighten to a torque of 40 ± 2 N·m (30 ± 1 lb ft).
- Rotate the turbocharger cartridge in order to ensure that the turbocharger cartridge does not contact the compressor housing.
- Align the marks and connect turbine housing (1) onto turbocharger cartridge (4) . Install clamp plate (2) and bolts (3) . Tighten bolts (3) to a torque of 40 ± 2 N·m (30 ± 1 lb ft).
- Rotate the turbocharger cartridge in order to ensure that the turbocharger cartridge does not contact the turbine housing.
End By: Install the turbocharger. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, "Turbocharger - Install".