|Tool||Part Number||Part Description||Qty|
|A||369-9451||Petro Amber Gel||-|
Keep all parts clean from contaminants.
Contaminants may cause rapid wear and shortened component life.
Water pumps may leak as a result of damaged face seals. Relative movement between the shaft and the housing may allow the drive shaft to contact the face seal in the water pump. If contact occurs, the face seal will be damaged, and very early hour failures can result.
- Refer to Special Instruction, REHS9244 for proper water pump handling procedures prior to installation.
Illustration 1 g01114453
- Install the O-ring seal on water pump (5). Lubricate the O-ring seal with Tooling (A).
- Position gasket (3) and use a suitable lifting device to install water pump (5). Install bolts (4).
- Install bolts (7).
- Lubricate the O-ring seal on tube (2) with Tooling (A). Install the O-ring seal on pump inlet elbow (8).
- Install pump inlet elbow (8) and install bolts (6). Install the retainers and bolts (1).
- Fill the cooling system. For the proper procedure and coolant to use, see the Operation and Maintenance Manual.