|Tool||Part Number||Part Description||Qty|
- Remove the fuel filter housing. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, "Fuel Filter Housing - Remove".
Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting, and repair of the product. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers before opening any compartment or disassembling any component containing fluids.
Refer to Special Publication, NENG2500, "Dealer Service Tool Catalog" for tools and supplies suitable to collect and contain fluids on Cat® products.
Dispose of all fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
Keep all parts clean from contaminants.
Contaminants may cause rapid wear and shortened component life.
- Drain the oil from the engine oil filter housing into a suitable container. Refer to Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Engine Oil and Filter - Change".
- Disconnect the oil pressure sensors.
Illustration 1 g01113749
- Remove bolts (1) and adapter (2). Remove the O-ring seal from the adapter.
Illustration 2 g01113751
- Remove bolts (4) and spacers (5) from tube assembly (3).
- Remove bolts (6) and plate (7).
Illustration 3 g01113831
- Install Tooling (A) and a suitable lifting device on engine oil filter housing (9). The weight of engine oil filter housing (9) is approximately
35 kg (77 lb).
- Remove bolts (8). Remove engine oil filter housing (9).
- Attach a suitable lifting device on oil filter housing support (11). The weight of oil filter housing support (11) is approximately
70 kg (155 lb).
- Remove bolts (10). Remove oil filter housing support (11).