- Remove the valve mechanism cover base. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, "Valve Mechanism Cover Base - Remove and Install".
- Remove the water outlet manifold. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, "Water Outlet Manifold - Remove".
- Remove the electronic unit injectors. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, "Electronic Unit Injector - Remove".
Keep all parts clean from contaminants.
Contaminants may cause rapid wear and shortened component life.
Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting and repair of the product. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers before opening any compartment or disassembling any component containing fluids.
Refer to Special Publication, NENG2500, "AVSpare Tools and Shop Products Guide" for tools and supplies suitable to collect and contain fluids on AVSpare products.
Dispose of all fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
- Remove tube assembly (1) and tube assembly (4) .
- Position harness assembly (5) out of the way.
- Position breather assembly (8) out of the way.
- Position hour meter (9) and fuel filter base (7) out of the way.
- Remove bracket (6) .
- Attach a suitable lifting device to cylinder head (3). The weight of the cylinder head is approximately 295 kg (650 lb). Remove bolts (2) .
- Disconnect harness assembly (10) .
- Disconnect hose (11), hose (13), and hose (14) .
- Disconnect tube assembly (15) .
- Disconnect oil drain tube assembly (12) (not shown) from the turbocharger.
- Remove the cylinder head, the gasket, and the O-ring seals.