- Remove the engine oil filter base. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, "Engine Oil Filter Base - Remove".
Keep all parts clean from contaminants.
Contaminants may cause rapid wear and shortened component life.
- Remove covers (1) and O-ring seals (2) from engine oil filter base (5) .
Personal injury can result from parts and/or covers under spring pressure.
Spring force will be released when covers are removed.
Be prepared to hold spring loaded covers as the bolts are loosened.
- Remove spring assemblies (3) .
- Remove plungers (4) .
- Remove bolt (7) and spring (6) from engine oil filter base (5) .
- Remove cover (9) and adapter (8) .