|Tool||Part Number||Part Description||Qty|
- Remove the front housing. Refer to "Housing (Front) - Remove".
- Remove the flywheel housing. Refer to "Flywheel Housing - Remove and Install".
Keep all parts clean from contaminants.
Contaminants may cause rapid wear and shortened component life.
- Remove connecting rod caps (2) and connecting rod bearings (1).
Note: Crankshaft main bearing caps (4) are marked with the numbers 1 through 7. Crankshaft main bearing caps (4) should be marked with the corresponding cylinder number on the side that is toward the right side of the engine.
- Remove crankshaft main bearing caps (4) and crankshaft main bearings (5).
- Remove crankshaft thrust bearings (3).
- Attach Tooling (A) and a suitable lifting device to crankshaft (6). The weight of the crankshaft is approximately
180 kg (400 lb).
- Remove crankshaft (6).
Note: Place an identification mark on all connecting rod caps (2). Connecting rod caps (2) should be marked with the corresponding cylinder number.