|Required Tools    |
|Tool    ||Part Number    ||Part Description    ||Qty    |
|A    ||2P-5518    ||Bearing Tool    ||1    |
- Remove the engine oil pan. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, "Engine Oil Pan - Remove and Install".
Keep all parts clean from contaminants.
Contaminants may cause rapid wear and shortened component life.
- Remove crankshaft main bearing cap (1) .
- Remove the lower half of crankshaft main bearing (2) from crankshaft main bearing cap (1) .
- Install Tooling (A) into the crankshaft journal.
If the crankshaft is turned in the wrong direction, the tab of the crankshaft main bearing will be pushed between the crankshaft and the cylinder block. this can cause damage to either or both the crankshaft and the cylinder block.
- Turn the crankshaft in order to remove the upper half of crankshaft main bearing (2) .
- Check the condition of the crankshaft main bearings. Refer to the Guideline For Reusable Parts, SEBF8009, "Main and Connecting Rod Bearings" or refer to the Guideline For Reusable Parts, SEBV0544, "Engine Bearings and Crankshafts".
- Remove thrust plate (3) .