|Required Tools    |
|Tool    ||Part Number    ||Part Description    ||Qty    |
|A    ||131-1525    ||Camshaft Pilot    ||1    |
- Install Tooling (A) .
Note: Ensure that camshaft (2) and Tooling (A) are clean. Apply clean engine oil to the lobes and journals of camshaft (2) and Tooling (A) .
- Carefully install camshaft (2) in the engine.
Note: During installation of camshaft (2), rotate the camshaft in both directions in order to prevent binding in the camshaft bearing bores.
- Ensure that the timing marks (3) on the idler gear are aligned with the timing marks on the crankshaft gear and the camshaft drive gear.
When installing the camshaft, make sure the number one cylinder is at top center of the compression stroke with the timing bolt installed in the flywheel. The camshaft timing is very important. The timing mark on the camshaft drive gear must line up with the timing mark on the idler gear. Refer to the Specifications Manual for more information.
- Install thrust pin (1). Tighten thrust pin (1) to a torque of 28 ± 7 N·m (20 ± 5 lb ft). Remove the wires that were used to hold the valve lifters.
- Install the camshaft position sensor. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, "Engine Sensors - Remove and Install".
- Install the front cover. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, "Front Cover - Install".
- Install the rocker shaft and the pushrods. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, "Rocker Shaft and Pushrod - Install".