The following materials are needed to program the voltage regulator with Cat ET :
- Cat ET Software
- 24 VDC control power to the voltage regulator
- IBM compatible PC with serial port, 486DX2, or faster (100 MHz or higher microprocessor is recommended)
- Communication Adapter II
Follow the steps below in order to program the voltage regulator with Cat ET:
- Apply 24 VDC control power to the voltage regulator.
- Connect the "Communication Adapter II" module between the computer and the primary "CANbus" port and start the Cat ET software. Select the appropriate communication port, if prompted.
Illustration 1 g01112515 Dialog that shows the number of electronic control modules that have been detected
- Wait for the software to recognize the electronic control modules. Refer to Illustration 1.
Illustration 2 g01112560 Connect button
- If the software does not automatically connect, click the "CONNECT" button at the top of the screen as shown in illustration 2.
Illustration 3 g01113063 Configuration tool
- The "Service" menu contains a drop-down menu containing the "Configuration Tool" button as shown in illustration 3. Click on the "Configuration Tool" button. Select the CDVR from the list by clicking CDVR once.
Illustration 4 g01113076 Available electronic control modules
- Verify that the CDVR is listed in the left panel under "AVAILABLE ECM(S)" as shown in illustration 4.
Illustration 5 g01113082 Configuration group
- Select the configuration group that is to be viewed by clicking the group in the left panel. Refer to illustration 5. If necessary, expand the CDVR folder in the left panel by clicking the "+" symbol next to the CDVR label. The various parameters to be programmed or viewed in that particular configuration group become visible in the right panel.
Illustration 6 g01113121 Parameter selection
- In order to program a parameter, double click that parameter in the right panel or highlight the parameter by single clicking the parameter, then press "ENTER". Refer to illustration 6.
Illustration 7 g01113102 Change parameter value
- Type the new value or select a new value from the drop-down menu if the "CHANGE PARAMETER VALUE" window is available. Click on "OK". Click on "YES" in order to confirm. Refer to illustration 7.
- Repeat Steps 7 through 9 for each parameter to be programmed.
Illustration 8 g01113109 Disconnect button
- In order to disconnect communication, click the "DISCONNECT" button. Refer to Illustration 8.
The following items are needed to view metering parameters in the CDVR with Cat ET:
- Cat ET software
- Power to the CDVR
- Computer with serial port
- Communication Adapter II ( 171-4400 Communication Adapter Group)
Follow the steps below in order to view metering parameters in the CDVR with Cat ET.
- Follow Steps 1 through 6 in this "Parameter Viewing and Configuration - AVSpare Electronic Technician" section.
- Click on the "Status Tool" button in order to view the metering parameters. Refer to Illustration 9.
Illustration 9 g01425537
- Various status groups will be available. Refer to Illustration 10. Click on a status group in order to display the parameters in that group.
Illustration 10 g01425538
- In order to set up custom groups, double click on "Temporary Group". Double click on the parameters that are desired in order to add the parameters to the group.
- Click "OK" again to enable the group.