Note: Before replacing battery, refer to this Operation and Maintenance Manual, "UL 2200" section.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS - SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
This manual contains important instructions that shall be followed during installation and maintenance of the generator and batteries.
The nominal voltage of the batteries is 24 Vdc.
Batteries give off combustible gases which can explode. A spark can cause the combustible gases to ignite. This can result in severe personal injury or death.
Ensure proper ventilation for batteries that are in an enclosure. Follow the proper procedures in order to help prevent electrical arcs and/or sparks near batteries. Do not smoke when batteries are serviced.
The battery cables or the batteries should not be removed with the battery cover in place. The battery cover should be removed before any servicing is attempted.
Removing the battery cables or the batteries with the cover in place may cause a battery explosion resulting in personal injury.
- Turn the key start switch to the OFF position. Remove the key and all electrical loads.
- Turn OFF the battery charger. Disconnect the charger.
- The NEGATIVE "-" cable connects the NEGATIVE "-" battery terminal to the ground plane. Disconnect the cable from the NEGATIVE "-" battery terminal.
- The POSITIVE "+" cable connects the POSITIVE "+" battery terminal to the starting motor. Disconnect the cable from the POSITIVE "+" battery terminal.
Note: Always recycle a battery. Never discard a battery. Return used batteries to an appropriate recycling facility.
- Remove the used battery.
- Install the new battery.
Note: Before the cables are connected, ensure that the key start switch is OFF.
- Connect the cable from the starting motor to the POSITIVE "+" battery terminal.
- Connect the cable from the ground plane to the NEGATIVE "-" battery terminal.