|CX31-P600 Oil Filter|
|Type of Filter||Size of Element||Part Number|
|Cartridge||266 x 121 mm (10.5 x 4.8 in)||328-3655|
Hot oil and hot components can cause personal injury. Do not allow hot oil or hot components to contact the skin.
- Remove drain plug (1) from the bottom of the transmission. Allow the oil to drain into a suitable container.
- After the oil has drained from the transmission case, clean the drain plug before reinstalling the drain plug. Tighten the drain plug to
73.5 ± 3.5 N·m (54 ± 2.6 lb ft).
- Remove the three bolts for access plate (2).
- Remove the magnetic filter and the screen.
Note: Additional oil may drain from the oil pan when the cover is removed. Ensure that a suitable container is in place in order to capture any oil that may drain from the oil pan.
- Inspect the suction screen and the magnetic filter for large particles of debris. An excessive amount of debris may be an indication of possible failure. Discolored oil or oil with an odor requires a careful analysis of S·O·S results. If large particles are found, consult your AVSpare dealer for further analysis and additional guidance.
Do not drop or rap the magnets against any hard objects. The magnets are brittle. Replace broken magnets or damaged screens.
Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting, and repair of the product. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers before opening any compartment or disassembling any component containing fluids.
Refer to Special Publication, NENG2500, "Dealer Service Tool Catalog" for tools and supplies suitable to collect and contain fluids on Cat products.
Dispose of all fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
- Wash the suction screen and the magnetic filter in clean, nonflammable solvent. Clean the magnets with a cloth or a stiff bristle brush.
- Inspect the condition of the O-ring seal in the access plate. If the seal is damaged, replace the seal.
- Install the magnetic filter, the screen, and the access plate. Tighten the three bolts for the access plate to
28 ± 7 N·m (21 ± 5 lb ft). Illustration 2 g01878854 Typical example of a CX31–P600 Petroleum Transmission (shown without integral pump drives and without drop box)
(1) Drain plug
(3) Location of filler tube and dipstick
- Fill transmission case with oil (3). Refer to Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Lubricant Viscosities" and Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Capacities (Refill)".
- Make sure that the vehicle is on level ground. Make sure that the transmission is in NEUTRAL. Start the engine and operate the engine at LOW IDLE. Check for leaks and make necessary repairs.
- Remove dipstick (3) and check the oil level with the oil warm and the transmission in the NEUTRAL position. Make sure that the parking brake is engaged.
- Stop the engine. If necessary, add oil.
- Install the dipstick.
- Maintain the oil to the correct level at all times.
Typical example of a CX31–P600 Petroleum Transmission (shown without integral pump drives and without drop box)|
(1) Drain plug
(2) Access plate with three M8x1 bolts