Breathing ether vapors or repeated contact of ether with skin can cause personal injury. Personal injury may occur from failure to adhere to the following procedures.
Use ether only in well ventilated areas.
Do not smoke while changing ether cylinders.
Use ether with care to avoid fires.
Do not store replacement ether cylinders in living areas or in the operator's compartment.
Do not store ether cylinders in direct sunlight or at temperatures above 49 °C (120 °F).
Discard cylinders in a safe place. Do not puncture or burn cylinders.
Keep ether cylinders out of the reach of unauthorized personnel.
To avoid possible injury, be sure the brakes are applied and all controls are in Hold or Neutral when starting the engine.
The ether cylinder is located inside the rear access door on the left side of the machine.
Refer to Operation and Maintenance, "Fire Prevention and Explosion Prevention" before you replace the ether cylinders.
- Open the rear access door on the left side of the machine.
- Loosen the cylinder retaining clamp.
- Unscrew the empty ether starting aid cylinder and remove the empty ether starting aid cylinder.
- Remove the used gasket.
- Install a new gasket.
Note: A new gasket is provided with each new ether starting aid cylinder.
- Install the new ether starting aid cylinder.
- Tighten the ether starting aid cylinder hand tight.
- Tighten the cylinder retaining clamp securely.
- Close the access door.